Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is Cover Freebie (choose your own topic, centered on book covers or cover art).
So, since I haven’t done a cover one before, I’ll go with covers (not of all time because that would be too hard, but maybe those I have seen recently).
1) Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson. I’ve not read this book yet but I adore the cover, especially the clever use of the earring for the title. Honestly it’s amazing and powerful and I can’t wait to read the book.
2) You Say it First by Katie Cotugno. Another book I haven’t read yet but I absolutely love the art, it is so cute.
3) A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers. It was hard to pick a Becky Chambers cover (the newest one is so good). But I decided to go with a book I’ve actually read. You can read my post about Becky Chambers here.
4) These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling. I wasn’t actually a huge fan of the book (I might have enjoyed it as a teenager more). But it had great characters and the cover is awesome. My friend Meaghan has a review on their blog here.
5) With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo. This book is excellent and I’m definitely going to read it again sometime soon. And look at the cover! Beautiful!
6) The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. My edition of this book has gorgeous sprayed edges and the naked cover is awesome. It’s also a really great f/f story. I highly recommend it!
7. The Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty. This trilogy has some of the most beautiful book covers. It’s also a wild ride from start to finish and every book is 5 stars. If you haven’t read it yet, what are you even doing?
8. Venom by Bex Hogan. A UKYA favourite, this is the middle book of Bex Hogan’s Isle of Storms and Sorrow trilogy. Really love a red / gold combination and it’s so shiny in person. The final book in this series is one of my most anticipated of 2021.
9) Honor Lost by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre. Absolutely love the colours of this one – and if you haven’t read the Honor Among Thieves series and you like space operas, you absolutely have to. Sentient space-whale spaceships? Check.
10) Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan. This one if my fairyloot edition – it was hot turquoise sprayed edges and the cover has such bright colours. A picture really doesn’t do it any justice to be honest. The characters in this series really go through it, here is to hoping for a happy ending come 2021.
That’s it, 10 of my favourite covers. There are way more than this that I love but I tried to pick a range of kinds. Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Feel free to link your Top Ten Tuesday posts below.