Hello everyone! I already wrapped up my favourite releases of 2020, so here’s to the ones I am looking forward to most in 2021!
1) The Galaxy, and The Ground Within by Becky Chambers. OK, I’m cheating. I already read this book (thanks NetGalley). But you all need some Becky Chambers in your life for some quietly profound science-fiction. This is one of my all-time faves – check out my review.
2) Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo. I absolutely cannot wait to see how this duology ends and I’m definitely re-reading Six of Crows through to King of Scars before this comes out. And then we get the Shadow and Bone TV show in April too, what a year.
3) A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas. OK, I just finished an A Court of Thorns and Roses re-read. I’m really looking forward to seeing if Sarah can rescue Nesta’s character for me because I am not a fan right now.
4) The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik. Loved A Deadly Education more and more as the story progressed, and the ending was so good. I can’t wait to find out what happens next in this deadly magic school.
5) Vulture by Bex Hogan. Ah, this series. I got the first one as a bonus in a Fairyloot box and it’s actually really good. Enjoyed the first one and the sequel, so excited to see where it all ends up. Also the covers are super gorgeous.
6) Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert. Loved Chloe and Dani’s stories, can’t wait to see the youngest Brown sister Eve in action! This is probably the romance I’m looking forward to the most next year – not much longer to wait.
7) Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee. This one should be at the very top of the list! I can’t wait to get my hands on this – I’ll probably read Jade City and Jade War again before it comes out because these are some of my favourite characters of all time. This is definitely my favourite urban fantasy series and I can’t wait to see how Fonda Lee will break my heart.
8) Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers. I found out about this book ages ago and have been anticipating it ever since! The protagonist has a PhD in Astronomy! I’m so excited for this women in STEM power. Also the cover is amazing.
9) Winterkeep by Kristin Cashore. I didn’t think we’d get a new book in the Graceling realm but here we are! This is one of my favourite series, but Bitterblue was a small let down so I hope this makes up for it.
10) Sweethand by N.G. Peltier. I mean the cover definitely drew me to this one, it’s gorgeous and look at all that cute detail. But the story sounds super cute too! Hopefully it’s a good romance.
So there are plenty of more books I’m looking forward to, some of which don’t have covers yet (House of Earth and Blood). I also don’t know if we’ll see Ninth House 2 in 2021 but that would be one of the first on this list if it is.
What are you looking forward to reading in 2021? Let me know in the comments so I can add some to the list.