Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is Books On My Fall 2020 TBR (or spring if you live in the southern hemisphere).
1) A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik. Honestly I am so excited for this book. How could I not be? Magic school + Naomi Novik sounds like book heaven. All my friends who read advanced copies loved it, so I am really excited!
2) The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab. Okay so I have already been fortunate enough to read this one (see review here). But I will be reading again for The Book Coven’s October book club – along with A Deadly Education because it was impossible to choose between the two! I also am getting two copies – Waterstones special edition and Illumicrate.
3) Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. It will have been a year since I met Leigh Bardugo with Nikki. To celebrate I am definitely going to be reading this wonderful book again. I don’t usually like horror but really enjoyed this book – and it fits right in with spooky season.
4) The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo. I am so excited for this book to come out, it looks so beautiful! I am really excited for the stories and illustrations. I love most things Leigh writes. Hopefully we will get Shadow and Bone TV series news soon as well.
5) Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I have heard excellent things about this book and I am excited to give it a try – even if it is absolutely huge (big chonker book right here!!!)
6) Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson. This sounds like an intense, hard-hitting book, but I’m really excited for it. There are hints of musical talent in the blurb which I absolutely love. It released recently and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
7) The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso. This debut epic fantasy caught my eye recently and I’m really looking forward to seeing what it’s all about! I mean the series is called Chronicles of the Bitch Queen – what’s not to like?
8) Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Believe it or not, I’ve never read this book. I think Fall 2020 was to the the time for me to read it. I actually know nothing about it and I’m going to keep it that way!
9) The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett. Currently a bit lacking on the contemporary side for this blog. I am looking forward to reading The Vanishing Half – it’s about twin sisters which I love.
10). Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire. Another author I’ve never read before but really should have done. Looking forward to finally started this series of novellas.
What are you reading this Fall? Any new releases I should absolutely pick up? Hope you find something cool in my choices.