Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is: Valentine’s Day and Love
Hi Guys! It’s been a while since I did a Top Ten Tuesday but I couldn’t resist the chance to talk about my favourite romance novels. I will make clear which of the books I’m talking about are adult and which are YA, and I wouldn’t recommend adult romances to under 18s but everyone matures at different paces.
1) I can’t resist the chance to talk about my new favourite romance novel – Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert. I connected so much to Eve and absolutely adored the romance. (adult)
2) Something to Talk About by Meryl Wilsner is a great sapphic romance that I absolutely adored even with a slightly big age gap. (adult)
3) The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa is another favourite of mine, about a wedding planner who gets stood up on her wedding day only to end up working with her ex’s brother in a competition against her ex. (adult)
4) A Duke by Default is a great grumpy and sunshine book that I really enjoyed. I really loved the rural Scotland setting and the lead characters were just perfect. (adult)
5) The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon is definitely up there with my favourites because it centres on a woman in STEM. Also loved the financial investigation plot, so cool! (adult)
6) Well Met by Jen DeLuca is another one I love to bits. It’s enemies to lovers and the setting involves a renaissance faire! What more could you want? (adult)
7) A Pho Love Story by Loan Le is the first YA I’m featuring on this list. I read it recently and it really touched my heart as it mixes interesting family dynamics with a rival family style romance. (YA)
8) Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a book that challenges the notion of ‘the one’ and I really loved this take on parallel lives. Taylor Jenkins Reid is one of my favourite authors of all time so of course I highly recommend this book.
9) A book that strongly features dogs? Count me in. Morgan Matson’s novels are all fantastic romances but I think this is one of my favourites. (YA)
10) OK so I wouldn’t call The Switch by Beth O’Leary a romance per se, but I loved it to pieces and it does have two cute romances in it. Mostly it’s a book about learning from different generations and it’s honestly one of the best contemporary books I’ve ever read (adult).
There we go, 10 romances that I absolutely love. have you read any of these books? Have you got any romances to recommend? Let me know in the comments!