Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is: Books I Hope Santa Brings
So I’m going to cheat a bit on this one because I already know some of the books I got for Christmas through Secret Santa, my friends and from my Mum.
1) Furia by Yamile Saied Méndez. This is one of the gifts I got from my book club Secret Santa! I love it so much. I only had an eARC copy and I’m so glad I get the hardcover now.
2) Something to Talk About by Meryl Wilsner. Same as above – and my friend sent me an American paperback which will be so nice and floppy to read!
3) Strange Planet by Nathan W. Pyle. OK so this has been on my wish list for like a year – it contains loads of adorable comics. My friend Linaria picked this out for me and I read it with my boyfriend immediately!
4) The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang. I have this series on Kindle but recently got The Poppy War paperback when I did my re-read. So I asked my Mum to get my The Dragon Republic, and maybe next year I can get a paperback of The Burning God.
5) Now to the books on my wish list that I won’t get for Christmas! The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about this book so I will probably pick it up in 2021.
6) Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo. This is a book I’ve read on kindle but would love a physical copy of because I really enjoyed it. Again, one for 2021.
7) Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson. Another book I’d love to read soon but don’t own yet! Sounds really good and one of my friends really likes Tiffany’s other books.
8) Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I had a copy of this but I gave it to my Nan and I’m not sure if I’ll get it back haha…it was so good I just have to own it again.
9) The House in the Cerulean Sea by T. J. Klune. This is one of my friend’s favourite books of 2020 so I have to get my hands on it at some point. It doesn’t have a UK publisher yet so can be quite expensive at the moment.
10) Ah, the last one. Who I Was With Her by Nita Tyndall. I don’t know a lot about this book but Paragraphs and Pages gave it five stars and I definitely trust their opinion a lot.
There we go, 10 books I have received for Christmas or would like. I’ll probably get them all in 2021 anyway hahaha.
Hope you all get some great books for Christmas this year!