Hi everyone! This week I’m participating in Six for Sunday, a meme hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. This month, the focus is a celebration of kids’ books, and this week’s topic is: children’s books that would make brilliant graphic novels!
1) I would love to see a graphic novel of When Life Gives You Mangoes by Kereen Getten. Just yes! It would look so pretty.
2) This Young Adult book is one of my faves of 2020. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn would look so incredible – I can imagine the art of the graphic novel already.
3) You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson is awesome, and I’d absolutely love to see it in graphic novel form (or a film / tv series, it’s literally made for that, please).
4) There’s Something About Sweetie is probably my favourite Sandhya Menon book to date and I’d love to see a graphic novel because Sweetie is one of my favourite characters! When Dimple Met Rishi got an Indian TV series too, so maybe we’ll see this on the screen someday.
5) Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. This is a really important story that got it’s own TV series earlier this year. I think a graphic novel would be a really cool way to make it an accessible read for more people.
6) OK, so since Alice Oseman already has a graphic novel series called Heartstopper, I’d love to see her write and draw one for Radio Silence too. This is one of my fave YA novels and I’d love for more people to be reading it, whatever the format.
Love this prompt idea. I threw in some YA as well as Middle Grade since I don’t read enough kids books!
Hope everyone is doing well, feel free to share your posts below.