Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is: Non-Bookish Hobbies (Let’s get to know each other! What do you do that does not involve books or reading?)
OK, so I’m not sure I have ten hobbies, even including reading. But I’ll talk about what I like doing here!
1) Hiking – I really like going on mini adventures with my boyfriend, especially in the mountains in new countries. Here is an old pic of me in Mallorca, climbing my first mountain in 2018. Funny – now I have a pixie cut in progress and here I could actually tie my hair up.
2) Animal Crossing New Horizons – I love this game so much. I played Wild World growing up, and New Leaf once I left university. I love the updated graphics on New Horizons. Here’s a pic of my character in the kitchen. Feel free to visit my dream address DA-0980-1589-2211, or check out my acnh insta: beccainbellview.
3) Dogs – OK this isn’t exactly a hobby but I walk two standard wire-haired dachshunds for an elderly neighbour. Meet Dora and Peggy! They are adorable little cuties. I can’t wait to have my own dog some day.
4) Pokémon – OK so the other Switch game I like playing is Pokémon Shield (but Gen 3 is ultimately my favourite era! Here’s my character – it actually looks and dresses like me, I love the customisation options.
5) Listening to music – I love listening to music when I’m driving or working. I don’t play any instruments and I’m definitely an awful singer, but I do love singing in the car. My favourite artists are Taylor Swift, Gabrielle Aplin, Birdy, Little Mix. I mostly enjoy female singers.
Okay so this is to have to be a Top 5 post because I don’t have that many hobbies. Reading actually takes up most of my non-work time as I find it helps me switch off.
What are your hobbies? Let me know in the comments!