Hi everyone! This week I’m participating in Six for Sunday, a meme hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. This month, the focus is on pumpkin spice goodness, and this week’s topic is: Characters you’d be scared to meet!
1) The Darkling from Shadow and Bone. Just noooo! That guy is creepy and manipulative who knows what would happen? (Fun story, when I met Leigh Bardugo this time last year, I asked her about the British weather….urgh, so cringe, well done Becca.)
2) Ruven from The Swords and Fire trilogy. One of the creepiest f’d up villains I’ve read in fantasy. Yuck.
3) Banu Manizheh from Empire of Gold. Just what a fierce character that’s absolutely awful but you can’t help but be drawn to.
4) Howard Doyle in Mexican Gothic. One of the most horrific characters ever written. Nasty doesn’t even cover it.
5) Ayoola from My Sister the Serial Killer. Korede is a more patient sister than I ever would be, helping clean up her sisters murders. Love that. Ayoola seems innocent which makes her terrifying.
6) The King in Girls of Paper and Fire. This whole book is awful to read because the situation the girls find them in is horrifying. Wouldn’t even want to be in the same building as him….
I’ve been really tired this week so hopefully I’ll feel better next week. Went for characters I would be terrified of rather than those I’d be scared to meet because I love them so much.
Hope everyone is doing well, feel free to share your posts below.