Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This is my first Top 10 Tuesday post, and this week the theme is Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes (or spring if you live in the southern hemisphere)
1) The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I reread this book recently (review here) and the cover has such autumn vibes with it’s reds, oranges and greens. Definitely gorgeous.
2) Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. I’m not sure why this one gives my fall vibes, I think it’s because it has that lovely brown snake and a horror / Halloween feel? Anyway, it’s a great book that I’m reading right now as I write this.
3) The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. Again it’s definitely the orange that gives me all the autumn feels. I also tend to read this book in autumn. I met Samantha and got my book signed in October last year.
4) Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco. This is another book for spooky system with a great cover! I read an ARC recently and it was a really good fit for Halloween his year!
5) Uprooted by Naomi Novik. It’s probably the mushrooms giving me a fall feeling! Also I love forests in autumn.
6) With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo. This one has gorgeous autumnal colours! It’s also a really amazing book that you should absolutely check out sometime.
7. The Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty. The conclusion to an amazing trilogy that I’m still not really over. Please read so we can cry together.
8) The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. Spooky witchy vibes? Yes please. I love this cover, it’s absolutely gorgeous. It’s a beautifully written book too.
9) The Familiars by Stacey Halls. This is a really heart-breaking book that an old friend recommended to me. I really loved it, I think I’ll re-read it soon. Look at all those leaves. And the cute fox. Such beautiful cover art!
10) The Betrayals by Bridget Collins. More autumn colours. I rated this ARC 5 stars but I’m still debating whether I liked one of the plot twists or not! Anyway, we have to agree the cover is gorgeous – and my Waterstones special edition pre-order has sprayed edges. There’s still time to pre-order!
There we have it, some autumnal covers. It was harder to do this than I thought it would be! I’ve gone for some Halloween vibes, some autumn leaves vibes, some colour vibes. What do you think? Feel free to link your posts below!